Nanno: Quattro Ville, castles and strolls among blooming apple trees
Located in the Middle Val di Non , Nanno is part of the Quattro Ville (four neighbouring Towns) of the Adamello Brenta Nature Reserve. The town is also one of the oldest inhabited areas of the region, with roots dating back to a pre-historic settlement later followed by a Roman castrum - which was then occupied by the Franks in 577. Nanno was entrusted to the care of the Bishops in 1027, before passing under the Madruzzos until 1523, when Castel Nanno was rebuilt.
Castel Nanno features a fortalice with four guard towers, and underwent restyling in the manner of a Venetian-Tuscan Renaissance villa in the period between 1567 and 1600. Recently refurbished, now it is a private property. Tourists are also invited to visit the small church of San Fabiano and San Sebastiano - with its 15th century frescoes - which is located a few minutes away from the castle, as well as the town-centre square, with its 17th century fountain and facades.
The Nature Park, the Quattro Ville and the valley as a whole are the ideal place to take wonderful walks at the bottom of the valley or among its orchards, especially during Quattro Ville in Fiore, when apple trees are in bloom. Much more than just a simple footrace, this is a colourful party where guests experince scents and history of the Val di Non while passing through Nanno, and by its castle, the towns of Pavillo, Rallo, Sanzenone, Castel Valer and the villa of Tassullo.