Information to the User pursuant to Art. 13 of the “Privacy Act” sent by Trentino Marketing S.r.l, in the name and on behalf of Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A Processing of technical cookies for access to and use of the Tourism Portal of Trentino and the Platform (of Booking Trentino)
Trentino Marketing S.r.l. , via its pro tempore legal representative, with registered office in Trento, via G. Romagnosi 11, with fiscal code, VAT and Trade Companies’ Registry of the Chamber of Commerce of Trento registration number 02341860225, acting in the name and on behalf of Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A. via its pro tempore legal representative, with registered office in Rovereto (TN), via F. Zeni No. 8, with fiscal code, VAT and Trade Companies’ Registry of the Chamber of Commerce of Trento registration number 00123240228, by virtue of the special power of attorney made on 8 September 2014 (Index No. 69.237 and File No. 18.585 of the Notary Public in Trento Mr. M. Dolzani),
- pursuant to Provincial Laws No. 6 of 13 Dec. 1999 and No. 8 of 11 June 2002, the Autonomous Province of Trento has assigned to Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A the task of performing marketing for tourism activities relating to Trentino in Italy and abroad by acting in various areas of intervention, as well as the operational management of the “Marketing Fund” as per the provisions of Art. 33, §1, letter “a bis” of Prov. Law No. 6/1999;
- the activities assigned to Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A are those specifically indicated under Articles 6 and following of Prov. Law No. 8 of 11 June 2002;
- the Autonomous Province of Trento has assigned to Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A the management and use of the Tourism Portal of Trentino, property of the Province, published at the address www.visittrentino.info (herein after the “Tourism Portal of Trentino”) that, among other things, contains a platform for the booking of tourist accommodation located in Trentino (herein after the “Platform”);
- the Platform places at the disposal of the tour operators of Trentino working in the hospitality industry sector, recognised by the Tourism Department of the Autonomous Province of Trento and with registered offices in the Province of Trento (hospitality structures in Trentino, in the form of hotels and of other establishments, including private apartments, camping grounds and mountain huts), the opportunity of offering portal users their tour operator services only as regards accommodation and provides portal users with the opportunity to check availability with these tour operators, to send requests and to make bookings.
- pursuant to the convention dated 26 Aug. 2014 and ensuing notarial special power of attorney dated 8 Sept. 2014 (File No. 18.585 and Index No. 69.237 of Mr. M. Dolzani, Notary in Trento), Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A has, in turn, assigned to Trentino Marketing S.r.l. the afore said assignment of the Autonomous Province of Trento, authorizing Trentino Marketing S.r.l. to operate and manage, in its name and on its behalf, all of the operations and activities regarding the development of the marketing for Trentino’s local tourism in the various areas of intervention. Within the scope of the activities there is also the management of the Local Tourism Portal of Trentino and of the relating booking system, with the right to purchase and/or take on obligations with all subjects;
- in any case, the convention envisages that the Data Controller of the personal data gathered during the operation of the local tourism marketing activities be Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A and that Trentino Marketing S.r.l. be nominated Data Processor; Now, therefore,
THIS IS TO INFORM THE USER
During the access to and use of the Tourism Portal of Trentino, as well as of the Platform and when booking or requesting tourism-related services, but only regarding accommodation (i.e. so-called “Booking Trentino”), for hospitality structures, in the form of hotels and of other establishments, including private apartments, camping grounds and mountain huts, including any requests that did not reach their final outcome, technical cookies could be collected and processed i.e. small text files sent only and exclusively by the Platform to the user’s terminal equipment (usually to the browser), where they are stored and subsequently sent back to the Platform at the user’s next visit. In particular, the cookies processed will be of a technical kind, and more precisely:
- “navigation or session cookies”, that ensure normal navigation and use of the Platform (they allow users, for example, to make a purchase or to authenticate for access to reserved areas);
- “cookie analytics”, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the Platform for the collection of information, in aggregate form, regarding the number of users and how they visit the website;
- “functional cookies”, that allow the user to navigate in function of a set of selected criteria (such as language, or products selected for purchase, for example) in order to improve the service to the user.
The processing of the technical cookies collected shall be based on principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency and by safeguarding the user’s confidentiality and rights. Pursuant to Art. 13 of the code regulating the protection of personal data – Legislative Decree No. 196 of 30 June 2003, and subsequent amendments (herein after the "Code"), in the name and on behalf of Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A, the user is provided with the following information.
A. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING - The cookies shall be processed for the following purposes:
1. execution of the service of access to and use of the Tourism Portal of Trentino and of the Platform, including the supply of tourism services only as regards accommodation (Booking Trentino) in favour of the user;
2. legal purposes, in accomplishing all pertaining legal obligations.
B. PROCESSING PROCEDURE – The afore said data shall be processed by formally identified operators and managers who will use instruments and supports (paper, magnetic, informatics or telematics supports) capable of guaranteeing the data’s safety and confidentiality. Processing may also be performed via the use of automated devices capable of storing, managing and transmitting them telematically. The databanks are kept in protected rooms the access to which is under constant surveillance and in compliance with the provisions of the Code.
C. NATURE OF PROCESSING - Data supply on the part of the user is:
- MANDATORY. This means that the user’s refusal to supply said data, either fully or in part, or that the user’s lack of authorization to the data’s processing and/or communication to third parties, may result in the impossibility on the part of Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A to provide the user with access to and use of the Platform and of Booking Trentino.
D. COMMUNICATION OF PROCESSING – Without prejudice to the communication and release actions performed in accomplishing legal obligations, the data may be sent in Italy and/or within the European Union to:
- Tour operators of Trentino working in the hospitality industry sector, recognised by the Tourism Department of the Autonomous Province of Trento and with registered offices in the Province of Trento to which, each time, the user has sent via the Platform a request for booking and/or a request for tourism services;
- Trentino Marketing S.r.l., so as to allow for the operational management of the Local Tourism Portal of Trentino and of the related booking system, by virtue of the convention dated 26 August 2014 ensuing notarial special power of attorney dated 8 Sept. 2014 (File No. 18.585 and Index No. 69.237 of Mr. M. Dolzani, Notary in Trento);
- Suppliers of electronic communication services and producers of electronic devices;
- Suppliers of e-commerce services and payment systems;
- Tourism Boards officially located in the Province of Trento within the context of which the Tour Operator, to which the user has sent via the Platform a request for booking and/or a request for tourism services, has its offices;
- The Consortia of the “Pro Loco” Association officially located in the Province of Trento (Consorzio Pro Loco Valle dei Mochèni; Consorzio Turistico Altopiano della Vigolana; Consorzio Turistico Piana Rotaliana – Königsberg; Consorzio Turistico Giudicarie Centrali; Consorzio Turistico Valle del Chiese; Consorzio per il Turismo Valle di Ledro) within the context of which the Tour Operator, to which the user has sent via the Platform a request for booking and/or a request for tourism services, has its offices;
- Feratel Media Technologies AG and P.M.I. s.r.l.
E. RIGHTS OF THE DATA OWNER – With regard to the personal data, the user may exercise the rights envisaged in Art. 7 of Legislative Decree No. 196 of 30 June 2003 and subsequent amendments within the limits and under the terms and conditions of Articles 8, 9 and 10 of the afore said Legislative Decree.
F. PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER AND PERSONAL DATA PROCESSOR – The Personal Data Controller is Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A, while Trentino Marketing S.r.l. has been nominated Personal Data Processor. The complete and updated list of subjects nominated as Data Processors is available, on request, at the company’s registered office.