Enjoy good food and wine, rooted in history, amidst vineyards and wine cellars
An old town built on a moraine terrace, on a stream called Avisio, protected from cold Northern winds by the Southern slopes of Monte Vason. It is separated from the nearby villages - Cembra to the North-east and Ceola di Giovo to the West - by two deep ravines excavated by torrents. The stepped terraces stretching down towards the valley of the River Ischiele are massively cultivated with vines: typical wines manufactured here are Schiava, Nosiola and Müller.
It is an ideal base for hiking and bike tours along the numerous paths linking the town to Lago Santo di Cembra.
Don't miss the church of S. Biagio, first mentioned in the 13th century and rebuilt in 1866-69, next to which is a huge bell-tower with Romanesque mullioned windows, as well as the church of S. Leonardo. Located in the highest part of the town, the church features a 19th century portico supported by piers standing on the porphyry rock.