Palazzo Alberti Poja
The palazzo faces onto Corso Bettini and together with Palazzo dell'Annona forms the entrance façade to the MART museum and Melotti Auditorium.
ATTENTION: The opening of cultural and tourist sites, access to them, to public transport and to the services described in these pages is governed by the containment measures put in place by the government authorities and the Autonomous Province of Trento to deal with the COVID-19 health emergency. The rules may vary over time and provide for the application of different security measures — from closure, to social distancing, to the mandatory use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks. We therefore ask you to consult the section Travelling safely on this website and to contact the managers directly for updated information on how to gain access.
The prestigious mansion of Count Francesco Alberti Poja and Baroness Eleonora Piomarta was built from 1778 onwards.
Architect Ambrogio Rosmini supervised the building work and in 1779 work was started on embellishing the interiors with stucco decorations and paintings. Recent restoration work has brought other decorations made between the end of the 18th and beginning of the 19th centuries to light.
Inside there is a chapel dating back to 1782. The stairs - embellished with elegant eighteenth century stuccos- leads to the piano nobile where a number of frescoes have been preserved. The ceiling of the central hall depicts the story of the Judgement of Paris.
The building - recently restored to its original splendour, will be used to house temporary exhibitions and permanent collections of the Civic Museum, as part of a collaborative project between various institutions.