Magnifica Corte Trapp
Since the 13th centrury, the Magnifica Corte Trapp was a seat of justice, and was owned first by the Caldonazzo family and then by the Counts Trapp.
The Magnifica Corte di Caldonazzo, also known as Castel Trapp, is first mentioned in documents dating back to the 11th century. Originally, it was Caldonazzo family's residence, and after various owners it was purchased, in 1461, by the Counts Trapp. Today it is a private property. The Corte originated in the Longobard age as a administration centre along the commercial routes of the Valsugana valley, a venue where taxes and justice used to be dealt with.
The original building was surrounded by a wall, with a tower in the centre, and was gradually extended over the centuries. The Trapps were the first to start decorating the building. On the oldest façade there are traces of frescoes depicting the armorial bearings of the Trapps, of the Counts of Tyrol and of the Dukes of Austria, dating to about 1526. The allegorical cycles of frescoes that adorned a number of rooms were probably the work of the so-called Master of Sluderno, the imaginative artist who also decorated the castle of Sluderno in Valle Venosta. The Ghibelline walls are a much later and arbitrary addition of the 19th century. Every year an evocative Christmas Market is held in the Magnifica Corte, and for the special occasion it features typical Tyrol decorations.