Palazzo Del Ben
The elegant Renaissance headquarters of the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto.
ATTENTION: The opening of cultural and tourist sites, access to them, to public transport and to the services described in these pages is governed by the containment measures put in place by the government authorities and the Autonomous Province of Trento to deal with the COVID-19 health emergency. The rules may vary over time and provide for the application of different security measures — from closure, to social distancing, to the mandatory use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks. We therefore ask you to consult the section Travelling safely on this website and to contact the managers directly for updated information on how to gain access.
The Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto, is currently headquartered in a Renaissance mansion, which is worth noting for its high-level artistic decorations. Originally the private residence of the Dal Ben family, it was extended in the 16th century by the Counts of Arco. In the 17th century it was purchased and refurbished by the Poor Clare Sisters of St. Charles and later owned by Rovereto Municipality. Between 1877 and 1904 it housed the main post office and was then sold to the local savings bank, Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto. The mansion also hosts a cultural institution, the Accademia Roveretana degli Agiati, and several rooms are open to the public for cultural events.
Its current look is the result of designs by architect Augusto Sezanne, who refurbished it in 1906 by transforming the original 18th century architecture into a Venetian Renaissance mansion. The paintings depict the seasons, the vaulted ceilings are decorated with garlands and pomegranates. The staircase leading to the upper floors is particularly interesting for its richly decorated coffered ceilings.