The castle is famous for its rich cellar, with about 35,000 bottles of wine
Situated in Noarna di Nogaredo, the castle is also known for a famous witch trial.
The 13th century stronghold is made up of the main tower adorned with Guelph battlements, two guards’ rooms and the dungeons. Rounded arches testify to preexistent medieval structures. Here was held a famous witch trial that involved dozens of people from Vallagarina and led to a death sentence for five women.
It was Nicolò Lodron who built the new residential sections; quite remarkable are the Michelangelo’s school frescoes of the main staircase and the winter garden. After 1876, the Lodrons moved away, using the Castle only as a summer residence. Towards the end of the century the Castle was definitely abandoned and today it is a renowned wine farm.
A visit to the castle also offers an excellent opportunity to visit the vineyards, and to taste and buy the wines of the “Castel Noarna” wine farm, which produces Nosiola, Sauvignon, Lagrein and Chardonnay.