Holidaying safely in Trentino: food and wine
No holiday would be complete without treating your taste buds to something from the local table. It’s an opportunity to experience the region through its traditional recipes, imaginative reinterpretations of those dishes, and, above all, local products. Scents from the forests combined with the finest garden produce, Alpine cheeses, flavourful meats, and refined wines with a long history: there are so many sensational discoveries you can make on Trentino’s food and wine scene!
What we’re doing to take care of you
To ensure you enjoy this unmissable part of your holiday, restaurants, bars, bakeries, ice cream parlours, farmhouses, dairies and alpine huts have all redesigned their services, spacing out tables, making the most of available outdoor areas, and following strict protocols in terms of hygiene and sanitisation. We can summarise the main safety measures adopted by catering facilities in Trentino as follows:
In accordance with the latest provisions of law, the catering facilities referred to above can offer their services from 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Maximum capacity must be calculated allowing for a distance of 1 metre between tables and diners (from different households), with a maximum of 4 people at the same table.
Counter service will be available until 3:00 p.m. Orders may only be consumed outdoors by making use of the tables provided by the venue.
In light of the need to limit admissions and the numbers of people inside based on available space, we advise you to reserve your table or your order. Call the venue in advance!
In order to manage the flow of people better, a maximum period of 1 hour and 30 minutes can be spent in any establishment.
On the night of New Year’s Eve, restaurant services will be suspended, while take-away/delivery services will be available until 10:00 p.m. and it will be possible to order room service in hotels.
Inside every establishment, you will find signs with the instructions you must follow to enjoy the service, tailored for its particular features, and trained staff who will be happy to help you with any doubts you may have.
- Always wait for the staff to accompany you to your table, to guarantee that surfaces can be cleaned and sanitised thoroughly before your arrival.
- Where the minimum distance from other diners or tables cannot be guaranteed, physical barriers such as sheets of plexiglass or divider screens may be used. Again, this measure is intended to give you greater peace of mind during the experience.
- You may find that ways of checking menus have also changed: the paper menus that will be brought for you to read at the table will have been sanitised beforehand. Alternatively, you may find that the dishes are listed on a blackboard, on the place mats, or even described to you by the waiting staff, who you can also ask for more information on the dishes you are not familiar with!
- If there are open windows in the establishment, do not close them and always check with staff. Natural airflow is the best way to keep areas ventilated and prevent risks.
- Electronic systems are preferred when paying, but you should always ask what types of payment are accepted when booking the service.
- Access is prohibited to those with a temperature of 37.5°C or higher. To access the establishment, you may be asked to consent to a temperature check.
- Observe queues and wait times and always keep at least 1 metre between people, for safety.
- Wear a mask when moving through or entering common areas and when it is not possible to keep a safe distance from people not in your household or with whom you do not share an accommodation.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for your use at various points throughout the establishment. Use it!
To minimise gatherings and make your holiday as relaxed and enjoyable as possible, many of Trentino’s restaurants and bars are offering a takeaway service. To avoid having to wait, contact the establishment in advance: different businesses, for organisational reasons, may prioritise this service over table service. You should also find out how to pick up your order, and again respect all the signs and instructions displayed by the business to manage the flow of people coming in and out. In addition to the takeaway service, lots of businesses have also started to provide home delivery services, allowing you to enjoy your order in the comfort of your own accommodation. You can check out some of the options close to you which offer this service by checking this section.
During the Christmas season, home delivery and take-away services, where available, are guaranteed until 10:00 p.m. Consumption on the premises or outdoors is prohibited. Orders for take-away must be booked in advance, and only 1 person will be granted admission for collection. Food must be consumed in compliance with social distancing and the ban on creating gatherings at the property where you are staying.
In any case, whether you decide to eat out or place an order for take-away, whether you want to raise your glass in a bar overlooking the lake or sip a glass of wine at the winery itself, with this list of rules and helpful tips you can relax and enjoy a tasty experience in Trentino.
- 1500 National COVID EMERGENCY Number
- 112 number for all other kind of emergency