Holidaying safely in Trentino: food and wine
No holiday would be complete without treating your taste buds to something from the local table. It’s an opportunity to experience the region through its traditional recipes, imaginative reinterpretations of those dishes, and, above all, local products. Scents from the forests combined with the finest garden produce, Alpine cheeses, flavourful meats, and refined wines with a long history: there are so many sensational discoveries you can make on Trentino’s food and wine scene!
What we’re doing to take care of you
To ensure you enjoy this unmissable part of your holiday, restaurants, bars, bakeries, ice cream parlours, farmhouses, dairies and alpine huts have all redesigned their services, spacing out tables, making the most of available outdoor areas, and following strict protocols in terms of hygiene and sanitisation. We can summarise the main safety measures adopted by catering facilities in Trentino as follows:
- In light of the need to limit admissions and the numbers of people inside based on available space, we advise you to reserve your table or your order. Call the venue in advance!
- Inside every establishment, you will find signs with the instructions you must follow to enjoy the service, tailored for its particular features, and trained staff who will be happy to help you with any doubts you may have.
- Always wait for the staff to accompany you to your table, to guarantee that surfaces can be cleaned and sanitised thoroughly before your arrival.
- Tables have been rearranged to take this minimum distancing into account, so that your safety can be ensured during the meal, when you naturally do not need to wear the mask.
- Where the minimum distance from other diners or tables cannot be guaranteed, physical barriers such as sheets of plexiglass or divider screens may be used. Again, this measure is intended to give you greater peace of mind during the experience.
- You may find that ways of checking menus have also changed: the paper menus that will be brought for you to read at the table will have been sanitised beforehand. Alternatively, you may find that the dishes are listed on a blackboard, on the place mats, or even described to you by the waiting staff, who you can also ask for more information on the dishes you are not familiar with!
- If there are open windows in the establishment, do not close them and always check with staff. Natural airflow is the best way to keep areas ventilated and prevent risks.
- Electronic systems are preferred when paying, but you should always ask what types of payment are accepted when booking the service.
- Access is prohibited to those with a temperature of 37.5°C or higher. To access the establishment, you may be asked to consent to a temperature check.
- Observe queues and wait times and always keep at least 1 metre between people, for safety.
- Wear a mask when moving through or entering common areas and when it is not possible to keep a safe distance from people not in your household or with whom you do not share an accommodation.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for your use at various points throughout the establishment. Use it!
When it comes to counter service, try to limit the time you spend in the establishment to the time you need to eat/drink, or ask to have your items (drinks, coffee, small snacks, pastries,...) to take away. This will allow you to leave and enjoy your order outside of the building, where you must still avoid forming gatherings, maintain minimum safe distancing, and correctly dispose of the take-away packaging material afterwards, separating recyclable materials where possible. If you have any doubts, check with the manager!
To minimise gatherings and make your holiday as relaxed and enjoyable as possible, many of Trentino’s restaurants and bars are offering a takeaway service. To avoid having to wait, contact the establishment in advance: different businesses, for organisational reasons, may prioritise this service over table service. You should also find out how to pick up your order, and again respect all the signs and instructions displayed by the business to manage the flow of people coming in and out. In addition to the takeaway service, lots of businesses have also started to provide home delivery services, allowing you to enjoy your order in the comfort of your own accommodation. You can check out some of the options close to you which offer this service by checking this section.
In any case, whether you decide to eat out or place an order for take-away, whether you want to raise your glass in a bar overlooking the lake or sip a glass of wine at the winery itself, with this list of rules and helpful tips you can relax and enjoy a tasty experience in Trentino.
- 1500 National COVID EMERGENCY Number
- 112 number for all other kind of emergency