Enjoy the silence of nature at the Jubilee fountain or on an excursion to the lake
Valda is a town located at almost one thousand metres above sea level on the southern slope of Monte Novaline, between rocky terraces and layers of fields climbing down towards the valley. Its districts are organised into cormel and can be accessed through courtyards and halls. The town's small lake is found at 1300 metres above sea level inside a peaty basin.
Valda stretches along the state road and includes a Municipal building, schools, a rectory, a post office and a bar as well as - according to the Cembra custom - five fountains, which were once used as a drinking troughs and for washing water, as well as several public water taps. The Jubilee fountain is located in the town's main piazza and was built in 1908 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the reign of the Austro-Hungarian Emperor Franz Joseph.
First mentioned in 1573 - but certainly older - the parish church of San Paolo was rebuilt in 1850 and features a Via Crucis in the Flemish school. From the church's courtyard, the white outline of the Shrine of the Madonna dell´Aiuto of Segonzano surrounded by woods can be glimpsed beyond the gorge of the Avisio.
The Sagra del Lampone (Raspberry Feast) is held in town once a year to celebrate grape and soft fruit picking, which are very popular here. The traditional Tiro dell'uovo (Egg Throwing) competition is also still enjoyed here, and involves throwing coins to boiled eggs in the town's main piazza after Easter Mass.