Chiesa di S. Valentino
Built in the 13th century, the church looks out over the plain of Caldonazzo.
Located at a short distance from the Magnifica Corte Trapp, the Church of San Sisto is a very old foundation, and features traces of the early building in the polygonal apse and the tall bell tower; indoor, it houses frescoes painted in different ages. It was built on the Colle di Brenta, supposedly before 1259. The church offers marvellous views over the plain of Caldonazzo and Lake Levico. The Trapp family had the church refurbished with the specific purpose of separating the parish of Caldonazzo from Calceranica's.
The apse is characterized by three lunettes, and its ceiling is decorated with frescoes illustrating Our Lady with the Holy Infant in the middle, St. Valentine with an epileptic at his feet on the left, and St. Rock on the right. The gaps between the lunettes are decorated with angels, which hold long ribbons bearing Latin words written in Gothic letters. The ancient military road built by Drusus used to pass right in front of the church. The large wall on the left of the path is the only remaining part of the old Castle of the Lords of Brenta, which was probably built in the 12th century and destroyed at the beginning of the 14th century. Roman graves with coins and a Christian inscription were also found in this area.