Bastione di Riva
One of the symbols of the city
The grey stone bastion, on the slopes of Mount Rocchetta, was built to ensure greater safety for the village below and its people at the start of the 16th century, after the end of the Venetian rule in Riva. It was destroyed in 1703 by the French troops, who mined the central body and thus made the fort useless.
It can be reached in a few minutes from Riva’s harbour, on a road that winds through the Rocchetta black pine wood. The bastion has recently been subject to conservative restoration by the Superintendence of Architectural Heritage of the Autonomous Province of Trento.
During 2019 closed due to maintenance work