Festival della Polenta
A live cooking show where the Polenta is cooked in six different ways
A live cooking show where the Polenta is cooked in six different ways, creating a taste itinerary that connects the most important squares in Storo historic centre. You can taste these traditional local dishes and enjoy the genuine flavour of a territory standing between tradition and authenticity.
- Polenta "carbonera", a very rich and tasty dish, it’s a wonderful single course providing all the calories you need for the day;
- Polenta with potatoes is simple and plain but filling and tasty, especially if great care is given to the quantity and quality of the ingredients used;
- Polenta "macafana", a typical dish from Cimego, a single course, "a poor man’s meal" but at the same time rich of typical ingredients from our mountains: butter and Spressa cheese, together with wild chicory picked in the meadows;
- Polenta "cucia" is a traditional peasant dish made with malga butter and melted mountain cheese: a delicious and stimulating teat for your taste buds;
- Polenta and turnips is a dish created by adding the Rape di Bondo (Bondo turnips), an important vegetable used as a food supply during the coldest months;
- The Witches’ polenta, with yellow flour from Storo, buckwheat, malga cheese, nettles, butter, salt, chestnuts and... the witches’ magic potion, it’s a secret.