Faedo, village of nativity scenes
Trentino’s largest nativity scene with life-size figures
FAEDO, IL PAESE DEL PRESEPE
Faedo is home to Trentino’s largest nativity scene, Faedo, il paese del presepe. Step into the past in the old town centre, with its vaulted ceilings, narrow streets, cellars and arcades, a magical setting for eighty life-size statues depicting the daily activities of a farming community in days gone by. This unique experience will draw you into the magic of Christmas and introduce you to the typical features of a small village of timeless fascination. This year, as well as the various nativity scenes, you will find a craft market and the “Mercatino della Stella” Christmas market held in old barns and cellars - an atmosphere to explore and cherish.
- Nativity scene: 2. December 2018 - 6. January 2019, every day (always open, free entrance)
- Christmas market: 2., 8.-9., 16., 23.-24. December, 10 am-6 pm
- with Trentino Guest Card: complimentary free fragrant infusion tea bag to take home at the Bar Locanda Al Minatore
- Via S. Agata, 5 (ground floor, Town Hall)
- mondays, wednesdays, thursdays, fridays: 10 am-2 pm, 5-11 pm
- saturdays and sundays: 10 am-12 pm
Canta della Stella (Songs of the Star)
5th January, 5 pm
A picturesque local re-enactment. A long procession of players, shepherds and animals follow the Three Kings, singing traditional Christmas songs and stopping at every nativity scene along the way.
You may also like ...