Hike to Rifugio Malga Kraun
Mountain tour • Trento, Monte Bondone, Valle dei Laghi, Valle dell'Adige
At Malga Kraun, in the silence and magic of the woods
Malga Kraun is located along the famous E5 European Path, an itinerary that links the cities of Verona and Costanza. Set on the edge of a large clearing, it is the ideal spot for a picnic surrounded by nature.
Although it is not short, we strongly suggest the trail that starts from Rifugio Malga Kraun and climbs along trail no. 518, to the panoramic peak of Monte Roccapiana, at 1873 m asl.
Updated: May 18, 2018
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 118.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes.
Mezzocorona, on the Trento-Bolzano route, is easy to reach with the A22 or SS12 roads. In the town, follow the directions for “Funivia del Monte di Mezzocorona”, the downhill station of which is in Via alla Grotta.
Parking area at the Monte di Mezzocorona Cablecar.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.