Trekking al Monte Cogne
Mountain tour • Altopiano di Pine' and Valle di Cembra
Interesant excursion on one of the top more panoramic of our territory
Distance 4.2 km
Monte Cogne is a top in a strategic position. In this excursion we proponed to start from Malga Vernera so you walk for the arrive in summit the great dorsal watershed between Altopiano di Piné and Valfloriana.
Between the interesting point along the path we signage Località Cimatti and the panoramic summit of Monte Cogne.
AuthorResponsabile A.p.T Piné Cembra SS
Update: January 25, 2022
Degree of difficulty according to the common symbology: path E (on mule tracks and paths)
External risks along the tour: there's no appropriate signage on the path that colleague 468 and 469 paths.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips and hintsPiné Cembra Tourist Office - Tel. +39 0461 557028 - email@example.com - www.visitpinecembra.it
Getting thereFrom the A22 Brenner motorway (from the south exit Trento sud - from the north exit Trento north) and from the Brenner state road 12, continue on the S.S. 47 of the Valsugana for Pergine Valsugana - Padua up to the junction of the Mochena for the Piné plateau, and then transiting on the S.P. 71 towards Lona-Lases and Sover, take the direction of Montesover and once in the town of Montesover, follow the signs for Malga Vernera; from here, after several hairpin bends and about 15 minutes by car, we arrive at Malga Vernera.
ParkingIt is possible to park at Malga Vernera.
32T 681422 5120866
Author’s map recommendations
Even on relatively short easy outings make sure to take all you need so you don't run into trouble if things take an unexpected turn, for example a storm blows up or you have a sudden drop in energy levels.
What you should have in your rucksack:
- water canteen (1L)
- snacks (e.g. mixed dried fruit or chocolate)
- First aid kit
- windproof jacket
- change of t-shirt and socks (in a plastic bag)
- make sure to wear or at least bring a pair of long trousers
- sun screen
- whistle to attract attention in an emergency
- emergency telephone number Mountain Rescue 112
Make sure you're wearing the right footwear for the trail and season. The going can get rough and rocky underfoot and a pair of hiking boots will protect you from sprains.
And finally... don't forget to bring your camera! You'll need it to capture the stunning views.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view