The peace of bygone days in villages
A tiny centre, equipped with any facility you may need. Lardaro used to b considered an insuperable passage, a strategic venue for those who wanted to enter Italy, as proved by the Austro-Hungarians forts which still gard the place - such as the still visitable Revegler on the hill South of Lardaro, and those of Larino and Danzolino. Located in the narrowest part of the valley, between Roncone and Pieve di Bono, the village is a good picnic stop or starting point for hiking tours (the Pathway of Peace passes by) and for mountain-bike rides. Or more simply, to enjoy a few hours of silence and rest before these suggestive and rare sceneries.
Not to miss the small Medieval church dedicated to the Decollation of San Michele Arcangelo, which was reconstructed by Como-based expert workers between 1739 and 1742. Indoor, find an organ by Mascioni.
A Tamburello field, a sport much practised in the valley, is also available for guests.