Monte Mulat (from Zaluna)
Mountain tour • Val di Fiemme
Discover the Fassa Dolomits by hiking to the panoramic Monte Mulat
Monte Mulat stands at an angle at the head of the ridge that separates, in the north-east, Val di Fiemme from Valle del Travignolo. This positions makes it an observation point par excellence and of great excursionistic importance. Access to the pinnacle is gained through the steep Val di Viezzena valley and then on the long northern backbone that, with gentler slopes, allows for a gradual and less tiring approach. The view of the Lagorai Group will accompany you along the entire ascent.
Updated: September 10, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereClimb from the town of Predazzo in Val di Fiemme along the road that leads to Passo Rolle.
Once in the Zaluna locality (hotel), prior to Bellamonte, continue until you reach the first bend to the right (SAT sign).
Get off the tarmac road and, after crossing the torrent, continue the climb on the dirt road until you reach the closed to traffic point just a few hundred metres further on.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.