Snowshoe hike to the Cròs del Cùc viewpoint
Snowshoeing • Altopiano di Pine' and Valle di Cembra
A panoramic point easy to reach with snowshoes. From the top it is possible to admire the Piné Plateau in its wonderful winter landscape.
Distance 4.4 km
The itinerary leading to Cròs del Cuc is a route aprreciated both everyone, for its easiness and scenic context. The summit can be reached in about an hour and a half on snowshoes following the forest road that starts from the car park beyond the reastaurant Baita Alpina, above the village of Bedollo. The arrival point is marked by a majestic cross: the clearing allows an optimal view of the frozen lakes of Piazze and Serraia.
We recommend to bring food and hot drinks in your backpack for refreshment once you reach the top.
This showshoe hike is wonderful also if done in the moonlight.
ATTENTION: Before starting the route, check the snow conditions with our offices. Tel. +39 0461 557028 / email@example.com
Safety informationTHE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips and hintsPiné Cembra Tourist Office - Tel. +39 0461 557028 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.visitpinecembra.it
Getting thereThe starting point can be reached in about 15 minutes from the public transport stop or by reaching the Baita Alpina restaurant independently with your own vehicle.
ParkingAt the beginning of the forest road there is a dirt car park where you can park your vehicle.
32T 677558 5115789
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWarm and waterproof winter clothes. Spare shirt, gloves, wool cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, snacks, hiking shoes and hiking poles.
It’s COMPULSORY to carry with you an avalanche rescue kit consisting of avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view