From the Lake Santo to the Roccolo of Sauch
Hiking with kids • Altopiano di Pine' and Valle di Cembra
Loop tour with a view to the roccolo of Sauch and at the shelter Sauch immersed in the deciduous wood
Distance 5.3 km
Walk in the nature to appreciate the variety of the cembrane vegetation and to discover an ancient system to cath the birds, a labyrinth vegetable of great charm and ingenious that it's called "Roccolo del Sauch".
The stop is a must inside the Roccolo del Sauch to admire its articulated plant structure and relax on the grass in front. The Malga of Sauch shelter is perfect for refreshing yourself while eating trational Trentino dishes.
AuthorResponsabile A.p.T Piné Cembra SS
Update: March 26, 2022
Safety informationDegree of difficulty according to the common symbology: path E (on mule tracks and paths)
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips and hintsPiné Cembra Tourist Office - Tel. +39 0461 683110 - email@example.com - www.visitpinecembra.it
Getting thereComing from the A22 Brenner motorway, both from the south and from the north, exit at Trento north (distance from the exit km 22.5), take the S.S. 12 Brennero north to the junction of Lavis, to then pass on the S.S. 612 Lavis - Castello di Fiemme which leads to the Cembra Valley and then to the town of Cembra, then follow the signs to The Holy Lake.
Continue uphill until you reach a parking lot along the road with coordinates N46°12'0,2 E11°11'40,3 1075 m s.l.m. About 50 meters before the parking lot, clearly visible, the forest road starts to be taken to start the itinerary (there is a white and blue sign for the Sauch refuge, a prohibition sign for cars and white and red signs signaling)
ParkingYou can park in the parking lot on the road to The Santo Lake (coordinates N46°12'0,2 E11°11'40,3 1075 m a.s.l.m.), on the left if traveled uphill.
32T 669259 5118564
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWe recommend to do this walk with the baby carrier.
Hiking shoes, rain-jacket, water, sun cream.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view