Grotte Castello Tesino
The mouths of the caves of Castello Tesino are found inside the deep, untamed ravine between Monte Agaro and Monte Copolo
The caves were discovered by Mr. Da Rugna of S. Donato in 1926 and were soon fitted out and fully equipped to allow tourists to visit the area. Since then, they have been the destination of choice for a myriad of enthusiasts. The caves are Karsic in origin, have an overall size of 400 m and have yet to be explored in its totality. The water here is particularly rich in carbonic acid and interacts both chemically and physically with the calcareous rock, the limestone of the Dolomites and the Dolostone from the Raethian stage. It has not only been responsible for digging the cave, but has contributed towards its fairytale landscape, shaping its stalactites and stalagmites over the course of the millennia as well as other concretions with highly striking colours. The cave is known to locals as "Bus de la lora".
Approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes are required to visit it.