The medieval castle dominates the village of Fornace
ATTENTION: The opening of cultural and tourist sites, access to them, to public transport and to the services described in these pages is governed by the containment measures put in place by the government authorities and the Autonomous Province of Trento to deal with the COVID-19 health emergency. The rules may vary over time and provide for the application of different security measures — from closure, to social distancing, to the mandatory use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks.
We therefore ask you to contact the service managers directly for updated information on how to gain access.
Since the XI century, the seat of the powerful Trentino Roccabruna family. In 1462, Giacomo di Roccabruna started building the present castle, which was then continued by his great grandsons in 1566, who rebuilt the structure in the renaissance style. The castle then fell into the hands of the noble Gaudenti family and then the Giovanelli counts who sold it to the Town Council in 1853.
Open for visits: the castle now houses the town council offices and can be visited during office hours, after advance notice communicated to the Town Council Phone +39 0461849023