Thirty years after the fatal assassination attempt on Judge Giovanni Falcone, Nicola Sani retraces - in his chamber opera Falcone, first staged in 2007 - this "open wound in the history of Italy".
On 23 May 1992, Giovanni Falcone flew with his wife from Rome to Palermo. Only a few hours later, the two were killed in an assassination attempt. It was an act of revenge after Falcone managed to bring more than 400 defendants affiliated with Cosa Nostra to court in the 1986 maxi-trial.
Il tempo sospeso del volo | The suspended time of flight forms the frame of the work and interweaves Falcone's life and thoughts with memories and accounts of the imminent attack. In musical terms, Sani makes the testimony of an era resonate with an experimental musical language, creating different sound levels between rhythm, acting and singing.
Director Stefano Simone Pintor's production calls for active civic participation, removing all barriers between spectators and stage. There is no "us" and "them" because, as Pintor says, "in the fight against organised crime, everyone is responsible".
- SET DESIGN GREGORIO ZURLA
- COSTUME DESIGN ALBERTO ALLEGRETTI
- LIGHTING DESIGN FIAMMETTA BALDISERRI, VIRGINIO LEVRIO
- VIDEOS FRANCESCO MORI
- SOUND DESIGN ALVISE VIDOLIN
- CHOIRMASTER LUIGI AZZOLINI
- ELECTRONIC PRODUCTION CIRM
- BASS 1 (GIOVANNI FALCONE) ROBERTO SCANDIUZZI
- BASS 2 (THE JUDGE, THE REPENTANT, ANOTHER MAFIOSO, THE FIRST MAGISTRATE, THE INVESTIGATING COUNSELOR, THE SECOND JOURNALIST) GABRIELE RIBIS
- BASS 3 (THE GODFATHER, THE SURVIVOR, A MAFIOSO, THE SECOND LAWYER, THE RAVEN, THE POLITICIAN, THE THIRD JOURNALIST) SALVATORE GRIGOLI
- ACTOR 1 (AN OLD COLLEAGUE, THE HONEST CITIZEN, THE THIRD OFFICIAL, THE GREAT WRITER, THE SECRET AGENT, THE CHIEF PROSECUTOR, THE INTERVIEWER, THE RESPECTED JOURNALIST) CLAUDIO LOBBIA
- ACTOR 2 (THE SPECTATOR, A COLLEAGUE, A FRIEND) ANGELO ROMAGNOLI
You may also like ...