Getting here by airplane
Trentino is easily reached from all airports in Northern Italy
Below you find a list of airports and their distance from Trento:
- Verona "Valerio Catullo" (90 Km). It is the closest large airport to Trentino. Trento can then be reached by car in about an hour on the A22 motorway. There are daily flight connections with the main Italian and European cities. It is serviced by major airlines such as Alitalia, Lufthansa and British Airways and many low cost carriers. An aerobus shuttle service to train station in Verona is available every day leaving every twenty minutes from the airport.
- Bergamo - Orio al Serio "Caravaggio" (180 Km). This is the main Italian hub for low cost airlines. The airport is connected to Bergamo and Milano with bus services and also hosts numerous car rental companies. Trentino is reached in 1hr 50min by car via the A4 and A22 motorways.
- Milan Linate (223 Km) and Malpensa (265 Km). Both airports are connected by bus to the central train station in Milan and Bergamo Orio al Serio airport.
- Venice "Marco Polo" (160 Km). One of the main hubs of northern Italy, a city bus connects the airport to Mestre train station. Trentino can be reached in about 2 hours by car via the motorways (A4 to Verona and then A22 northwards) or the SS47 Valsugana national road from Cittadella.
- Bologna “Guglielmo Marconi” (200 Km). If you land at Bologna airport, Trentino can be reached in a couple of hours driving via the motorways (A1 to Modena and then A22 northwards). Another option is travelling by train getting to Bologna train station by the shuttle bus service.
- Innsbruck (180 Km) - even though this airport is located in Austria, from Innsbruck you can reach Trentino in less than two hours. Going through the Brenner pass and driving along the A22 motorway, you will arrive in Trentino fast and easily. If you would like to travel by train, Innsbruck is on the route connecting Munich, Brenner, and Verona.
- Munich (310 Km) – from the German airport you can reach Trentino by car in about 3 hours, throughout Austria. Otherwise, from Terminal 1 and 2 you can reach the town center in 10 minutes by the Munich S-Bahn and continue your travel by train.