874 - Masi di Grumes-Cauria
Mountainbiking • Altopiano di Pine' and Valle di Cembra
This tour, which straddles the border between Trentino and South Tyrol, is characterized by a difference in height of approximately 1,000 m/3,281 ft. The route runs through a large section of the Monte Corno/Hornspitz nature park and across the hamlet of Cauria/Gfrill.
Distance 17.4 km
The route runs through a large section of the Monte Corno/Hornspitz nature park and across the hamlet of Cauria/Gfrill. It is dotted with mountain huts and crosses two interesting biotopes: the marsh of La Lot and an area called 'Laghetto di Vedes'. At the end of the route, you can enjoy refreshments and local specialities in the friendly setting of Rifugio Potzmauer.
- The roads, trails, and ski runs indicated are often used in the opposite direction as well, so keep an eye out for hikers, other cyclists, and vehicles
- On trails and other narrow roadways, pay close attention to hikers and slow down or stop as seems appropriate under the circumstances
- Always were a helmet and never underestimate the difficulty of the trails
- Take away your eventually rubbish
- Obey all bicycle speed regulations and recommendations, and ride within your limits
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereBy car: From south or north, on the A22 Brennero motorway, leave the motorway at the Trento Nord exit (22.5 km from the toll gate), continue northwards on the Main Brennero Road SS12 until the turn-off for Lavis, then take the Lavis - Castello di Fiemme Main Road SS612 which will take you to the Cembra Valley.
ParkingCar park Circolo Culturale Le Fontanelle
32T 674660 5121384
Book recommendation by the author
- Mtb with dirt-free tires
- Repair Kit
- First aid kit
- Windproof jacket for downhill skiing
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view