Terre d'Adige Nave San Rocco
A town to taste, with its fruit orchards and its view of the Adige
River Adige has meant both Nave San Rocco's great fortune and misfortune over the centuries. The town is located on the right bank of the River and its waters have damaged it repeatedly - its countryside lies lower than the river. A fluvial port once existed here in the Middle Ages, and its history can be traced as far back as 1235. The very name "Nave" comes from the Latin "Naves" (boat), and was used to indicate a point where the Adige could be crossed by boats.
The countryside around the town has been massively farmed with apple and pear orchards and vineyards. Stretched between the Adige and the Noce Rivers and crossed by the Brenner motorway, it is dotted with traditional Alpine farmhouses built after land reclaiming, making it one of the most beautiful agricultural districts on the valley floor.
The parish church dedicated to San Rocco was built around the middle of the last century and features three marble altars (with a remarkable polychrome inlay portraying San Rocco). The small church of San Sebastiano and San Fabiano in the cemetery overlook the town and could date back even earlier than the 16th century.