Monte Calisio trek
Hiking trail • Trento, Monte Bondone, Valle dei Laghi, Valle dell'Adige
Hike round the Calisio Mount with its views on Adige Valley
The peak of Monte Calisio offers a fabulous panoramic view of Valle dell’Adige and of part of Valsugana. This route carries out a summit circular trek utilizing the charming trails No. 402 and No. 403A. The itinerary goes past Rifugio Campel, a natural rest stop for this excursion.
Updated: September 09, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereStart on the national road Trento SS47 in the direction of Padova. At the first exit turn right in the direction of Cognola/Povo/Martignano. Follow the signs for Cognola. Go uphill through the town and then proceed towards Villamontagna which you will reach at an altitude of 570 m. Some parking spaces are available at the roundabout.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.