Fort Cadine Bus de Vela
The fort was built to block the road to Trento
Inside, many multimedia installations recount the history of the Great War fortifications in Trentino.
Fort Bus de Vela, built between 1860 and 1861, is one of the many fortifications set up around Trento to prevent access to the city. Recently restored, it houses various quarters, a kitchen, food and ammunition depots and casemates armed with cannons and machine guns.
The fort spaces were equipped with interactive facilities, sensory installations and explanatory panels that allow visitors to find their way in the complex history of the Great War and the area fortifications.
The place is also known for a legend about the miraculous escape of Vigilio, third bishop of Trento, in the fourth century A.D. The saint apparently opened up a passage in the rock, thus saving himself from the pagans.