"Torre dei Sicconi" Trekking
The "Torre dei Sicconi" also known as Caldonazzo Castle, was built on the request of the bishop of Trento, Corrado di Beseno, in 1201 by Geremia and Alberto, sons of Varimberto di Caldonazzo. Together with Brenta Castle, it constituted a control system over the territory by the nobles of Caldonazzo thanks to its location at the top of Monte Rive, it guarded the major communication networks. It seems that during the conflict with the people from Vicenza, the castle was destroyed and only partly rebuilt. The nobles of Caldonazzo- Castelnuovo left the scene and moved into the austro-tyrolian influence. The tower was destroyed in 1915 by Genio, an austrian military, since it was easily identifiable by the enemies. On the entire area of Monte Rive, an archeological park exists and it is still possible to notice the basis of the tower and of some buildings that were part of the major fortified construction.