Walk from Rifugio Caltena to Val Giasinozza
Hiking trail • San Martino di Castrozza, Passo Rolle, Primiero and Vanoi
Experience the grand views and pristine environment of one of the least known valleys of Trentino.
The Rifugio Caltena, on the western edge of the Cimonega Group, is located in a sunny and peaceful meadow with wide open views of the Feltre Peaks and of the Dolomites of the Pala Group.
This itinerary, entirely on forest roads, can also be travelled comfortably by mountain bike.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 118.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes.
You reach the town of Transaqua in Val di Primiero following road SS50. Once you reach the town, you follow the directions for “Rifugio Caltena”. You climb along a steep paved road that reaches the mountain hut.
Rifugio Caltena (1265m)
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.