Trekking at Monte Rujoch
Mountain tour • Altopiano di Pine' and Valle di Cembra
A must for the "wild trekking" lovers with a "ride" on border crest between Altopiano di Pinè and Val dei Mocheni.
Distance 10.7 km
Rujoch is a top with an unmistakable shape, an infinite dorsal that makes a large semicircle. To fully enjoy the slope it's a must do the proposed ring tour. Being a rugged mountain and not frequented by mass tourism, it is the kingdom of many animals that lives in high mountain; equipped with a camera you can defnitely catch someone.
Along the proposed tour there's some interesting points: Polpen pass, Rujoch top and ex Tonini shelter.
For a gastronomic stop, we recommend the stage at Stramaiolo hut, apen in summer with typical cuisine.
AuthorResponsabile A.p.T Piné Cembra SS
Updated: June 19, 2021
Degree of difficulty according to the common symbology: path E (on mule tracks and paths)
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips and hintsApt Pinè Cembra
Getting thereDall’autostrada A22 del Brennero (da sud uscita Trento sud – da nord uscita Trento nord) e dalla Statale 12 del Brennero, prosegui per la S.S. 47 della Valsugana per Pergine Valsugana – Padova fino al bivio della Mochena per Altopiano di Piné, per poi transitare sulla S.P. 83 di Piné, imboccare per passo Redebus. Dopo alcuni tornanti superato l’abitato di Pitoi prendere sulla sinistra il bivio per malga Stramaiolo (segnaletica presente) e seguire la strada fino alla piazzola A all’inizio dei campi di Stramaiolo.
ParkingPiazzola A - campi di Malga Stramaiolo
32T 680083 5114111
Even on relatively short easy outings make sure to take all you need so you don't run into trouble if things take an unexpected turn, for example a storm blows up or you have a sudden drop in energy levels.
What you should have in your rucksack:
- water canteen (1L)
- snacks (e.g. mixed dried fruit or chocolate)
- First aid kit
- windproof jacket
- change of t-shirt and socks (in a plastic bag)
- make sure to wear or at least bring a pair of long trousers
- sun screen
- whistle to attract attention in an emergency
- emergency telephone number Mountain Rescue 112
Make sure you're wearing the right footwear for the trail and season. The going can get rough and rocky underfoot and a pair of hiking boots will protect you from sprains.
And finally... don't forget to bring your camera! You'll need it to capture the stunning views.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view