Trek to the Lakes of Colbricon
Hiking trail • San Martino di Castrozza, Passo Rolle, Primiero and Vanoi
Easy hike for families with cross baby-buggy
This short excursion to the suggestive Lakes of Colbricon crosses through the thick pine forest that cloaks the north-facing slope of the Colbricon and Cavallazza mountains. The trail is perfectly signposted and well beaten and is even suitable for a cross-country pushchair. On the shore of the second lake is the beautifully sited Rifugio Colbricon, an obvious place in which to stop and rest.
The enchanting mountain lakes are also exceptional panoramic points, offering sweeping views of the Cima Bocche Group and the Pala Group.
The excursion is particularly suited to families with children, provided you take a cross-country pushchair.
Updated: September 04, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereFrom Predazzo in Val di Fiemme or San Martino di Castrozza – Val di Primiero you can reach Passo Rolle. Follow the road to Malga Rolle ( 1905 m ), which is located slightly downhill from the pass in the direction of Predazzo. Parking spaces available.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.