Tour of Lake Tovel
Hiking trail • Val di Non
Nice scenic hike around Lake Tovel
Updated: September 05, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereReach the village of Tuenno in Val di Non, on the right-hand bank of the valley. On the south-west side of the village there are directions for Lake Tovel. Here begins the road that climbs up the Val Tovel, for about 11 km . Access to the valley is unrestricted in low season. From the end of June until the end of August, traffic control falls under the responsibility of the Adamello – Brenta Park Authority, which regulates and restricts vehicle access into the valley, from the Capriolo hamlet (about half way up the valley) onwards, as follows: 1) access to the lake car park is unrestricted before 9 am and after 6 pm. 2) Between 9.00 and 10.30 am visitors are charged to park by the lake. 3) Between 10.30 and and 6.00 pm vehicle access to the lake is prohibited, all vehicles must park at the Capriolo car park, from where visitors can take a shuttle bus. Walking to the lake from Capriolo is not recommended because it is a 5 km hike.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.