The Wolf Gorge trail
A long trench ridge Austro-Hungarian of the First World War
The “Forra del Lupo" is a long ridge of the Austro-Hungarian trenches of the First World War, situated on the border between Terragnolo and Folgaria. Here the emotions of the time moving with the quiet of nature and the beauty of incredible landscapes. This trench was brought to light only in 2014 thanks to the paintings of Albin Egger and photos of the officer's war Austro-Hungarian Ludwig Fasser. Today the path of the Gorge of the Wolf, “Wolfsschluch” as the Austro-Hungarians called him, is practicable in security, and is dug between high rock walls, is made of railways, observers and caves overlooking cliffs and steep slopes facing the Pasubio, on high orographic side behind the Terragnolo valley.
The main attraction of the route is the narrow passage through the “Forra del Lupo" which gives its name to the circuit. The “Forra del Lupo" was a front-line trench, manned in 1915, at the outbreak of Fisrt World War, by Standschϋtzen from Folgaria. Downstream in Terragnolo Italian troops are stationed.