Hike to the Rifugio Pradidali
Mountain tour • San Martino di Castrozza, Passo Rolle, Primiero and Vanoi
Reach the vast Dolomitic horizons of the Pala Group.
The Rifugio Pradidali is located at the feet of the impressive walls of Cima Canali, Cima di Ball, and Sass Maor - true masterpieces of nature.
We strongly suggest the crossing of the Pala Group, from the Rifugio Pradidali to the Rifugio G. Pedrotti al Rosetta.
Updated: August 13, 2019
Safety informationThe trail marked 709 to the Rifugio Pradidali sometimes develops over Dolomitic outcrops, ramps and ledges. So some sections may be exposed, even though they are generally well protected with parapets and metal handrails.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
Tips, hints and links
You reach Fiera di Primiero along road SS50. In Tonadico, you turn onto road SS347 in the direction of Passo Cereda, Val Canali. When you reach Castelpietra, you turn left for Val Canali and park in Cant del Gal locality (1175 m).
Cant del Gal locality (1175m).
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.