Doss del Sabion Tour
Hiking trail • Madonna di Campiglio, Pinzolo and Val Rendena
Beautiful ring trek in the Brenta Dolomites, a UNESCO heritage site, which you can start by taking you to the top with the Prà Rodont lift from Pinzolo
The Doss del Sabion tour is very rewarding, especially because of the incredible views from the peak, ranging from the Brenta Dolomites to the Presanella Group and including the green Val Rendena. The ski-lifts that whisk you up to “Prà Rodont” in next to no time certainly help reduce the difficulty of this trek; but, despite this, the trails are sparsely frequented and, therefore, even more suggestive. The upper reaches of the tour are even more evocative and offer some really unique breathtaking views.
Updated: September 10, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips, hints and linksUtile il gps per il tratto fra Malga Bandalors e Malga Movlina
Getting thereTake the “SS239 della Val Rendena” national road northwards (Madonna di Campiglio) up to Pinzolo, where you can park in the large car park of the Pinzolo Cableway station, on the edge of the village.
There are many car spaces.
ParkingParcheggio delle Funivie di Pinzolo, situato al termine del paese. Molti posti auto.
Equipmenttrekking shoes, useful: telescopic walking sticks.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.