An imposing church and a special panoramic point
An easy walk that combines majestic views with a bit of history and religion.
Its position on the promontory makes it clearly visible even from afar. Strange that a church was built right up there. In reality, a castle once stood on the hill above the inhabited area: it was built by Mainardo II, Count of Tirolo around 1276 and demolished in 1310. The village of Castello di Fiemme derives its name from that manor. The church of San Giorgio (now dedicated to the Immaculate Conception of Lourdes) is actually the small church on the left of the parish church. Both places of worship also stand out in the evening thanks to lighting that enhances their shapes and position.