I Rifugi del Gusto Val di Fassa
In the Trentino Dolomites beyond summer: Ladin tastes at high-level refuges
ATTENTION: The opening of cultural and tourist sites, access to them, to public transport and to the services described in these pages is governed by the containment measures put in place by the government authorities and the Autonomous Province of Trento to deal with the COVID-19 health emergency. The rules may vary over time and provide for the application of different security measures — from closure, to social distancing, to the mandatory use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks. We therefore ask you to consult the section Travelling safely on this website and to contact the managers directly for updated information on how to gain access.
Who said that the trekking season ends in September? Thanks to this initiative it will still be possible to do excursions and discover the Dolomites, part of the UNESCO Heritage, and have the possibility to find open huts along the tracks, even in this period. By "I Rifugi del Gusto" (#rifugifassadelgusto) of Val di Fassa (#rifugifassadelgusto), yummy dishes will be available during the two weeks of the initiative: 14,00 Euro for a first course and a dessert, or 21,00 Euro for a single dish and a dessert. Reach the mountains, listen to the calming rhythm of autumn, discover the huts and live an extraordinary experience under the stars. The offer includes: a night in hotel, two nights in mountain hut with half board accommodation and two menus "Menù del Gusto".
15 days, 9 refuges and menus, 8 mountain lifts open and several paths to cover on foot: from September, 19th to October, 4th it’s time for the new edition of "I Rifugi del Gusto in Val di Fassa" (#rifugifassadelgusto) that launches the rich offer of the Ladin valley for the autumn season. The mountain refuges that take part in the initiative are located throughout the main mountain groups of the Dolomites (Catinaccio, Marmolada, Sassolungo) and during these two weeks (some even on a longer period of time) they propose a suite of delicacies that represent them, mostly made with zero-kilometres products: a way to know and appreciate the territory in its multiple aspects, walking in the mountains and discovering the variety of its landscapes, the fantastic colours greenery softening to warmer autumnal tones and, obviously, the persuasive flavours.
Discover, taste, share! 1. Discover "I Rifugi del Gusto" of Val di Fassa; 2. Taste two menus in two different refuges; 3. Post the pictures of the dishes and the hut using the hashtag #rifugidelgustovaldifassa #valdifassa or send them to email@example.com ; 4. Get a mug Val di Fassa and a pack of tea "Fiores" and pick them up at the Tourist Information Offices in Moena, Pozza and Canazei.
"I Rifugi del Gusto" in Val di Fassa:
- Rifugio Marmolada "E. Castiglioni" (Fedaia Pass, reachable by car)
- Rifugio Pian dei Fiacconi (Fedaia Pass, reachable on foot)
- Rifugio Sasso Piatto (Sassopiatto, reachable on foot; cable car from Campitello)
- Rifugio Roda di Vael (Catinaccio, reachable on foot from Ciampedie - cable car from Vigo - or from Paolina - chair lift from Carezza Pass)
- Rifugio Vajolet (Catinaccio, reachable from Pera or from Vigo-Ciampedìe)
- Rifugio Stella Alpina Spiz Piaz (Catinaccio, reachable from Pera or from Vigo-Ciampedìe)
- Rifugio Antermoia (Catinaccio, reachable from Pera or from Vigo-Ciampedìe; on foot from Val Duron - from Campitello to Micheluzzi Refuge by shuttle bus; on foot from Val di Dona or Val Udai)
- Rifugio Baita Cuz (Buffaure, reachable on foot - cable car from Pozza open until 27/09)
- Rifugio Fuciade (San Pellegrino Pass, reachable by car or on foot from the pass)