Hike to Rifugio Castiglioni Marmolada
Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
A walk at the feet of the Queen of the Dolomites.
The beautiful trail 605 makes it possible to reach the Fedaia walking beneath the incredible northern face of the Gran Vernel and of the Marmolada.
The higher part of trail 605 is also known as “Via Nèva”, a mule track made by Russian prisoners during the Great War. You can further explore this topic with a visit to the nearby Museo della Grande Guerra [Museum of the Great War], located at the Fedaia near the Pian dei Fiacconi cablecar.
Updated: September 02, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
In wet conditions, the path may become slippery.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
SS48 delle Dolomiti to Canazei. You continue in the direction of Passo Fedaia along road SS641. You go past Alba and Penia. At an elevation of 1630 m, on the right there is a turn-off (crucifix on the right hand side of the turn-off) towards Pian Trevisan. Here, you turn right and quickly reach a square with ample parking.
Piazzale Pian Trevisan - free parking
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.