Walk to the Rifugio Gardeccia
Hiking trail • Val di Fassa
The enchanting Catinaccio is the fil rouge of this walk to the Rifugio Gardeccia.
The walk through the extraordinary environment of the Val di Fassa Dolomites is the prelude to reaching one of the most renowned mountain huts in Trentino.
The Gardeccia was the arrival point for the Dolomites leg of the Giro d’Italia in 2011. Here is another suggestion for reaching the mountain hut by alternative and eco-friendly means.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 118.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker.
SS48 delle Dolomiti coming from Val di Fiemme, or SS41 coming from Bolzano - Val D’Ega. You can leave your car in the parking area for the “Ciampedie” ski lift facilities. The ski lift facility is connected to the town with an escalator that leads directly to the entrance.
Vigo di Fassa, parking area for the “Ciampedie” ski lift facilities.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.