Hike to Rifugio Selvata
Mountain tour • Altopiano della Paganella, Dolomiti di Brenta, Lago di Molveno
The Brenta Dolomites within “leg’s” reach.
To discover the excitement of literally walking at the feet of the Brenta Dolomites, all you need to do is reach Rifugio Selvata.
The mountain hut has maintained, over the years, its original characteristics as a small Alpine shelter. It is particularly appreciated for its traditional local cuisine, and its large selection of local wines.
The easiest starting point is in Pradel locality (1359 m), which you can reach from Molveno with the ski lift facilities. Without using the facilities, it is possible to start from Ciclamino locality (926 m) - Molveno. This option extends the route significantly, both in distance (about 3.5 Km more), and in cumulative elevation gain (about 400 m more).
Updated: September 02, 2019
Safety informationThe section between Pradel and Rifugio Croz dell’Altissimo is sometimes subject to falling rocks. As indicated by the signs, please pay the utmost attention.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Hiking boots/shoes, jacket, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
Tips, hints and links
You can reach Molveno with road SS421 coming from either Andalo-Fai della Paganella or from the Giudicarie (San Lorenzo in Banale).
Molveno, the “Pradel” ski lift. Ample parking.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.