Hike to Rifugio Pompeo Scalorbi
Mountain tour • Rovereto, Vallagarina, Altopiano di Brentonico
Climb to the feet of the pinnacles of the Piccole Dolomiti
The beautiful “Alpe di Campobrun” is the destination of this route that leads to Rifugio Scalorbi, at the feet of the Carega Group.
Rifugio Pompeo Scalorbi is a good destination not only for hiking, but also for mountain biking and vie ferrate. There are numerous routes for these activities in the vicinity.
Updated: November 12, 2019
Safety informationThis really is a considerably long route. Set out with the necessary food/water, in addition to being in adequate physical condition.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips, hints and linksRifugio Scalorbi
Getting thereAla, on the Trento-Verona route, is easy to reach with the A22 or SS12 roads. You continue in the direction of the centre of Ala, and follow the directions for Ronchi di Ala. Once you have reached the town of Ronchi, you continue to climb up towards Maso Michei. You park in the spaces on the side of the road. Otherwise, in Ronchi di Ala, there is a parking area just above the town on the right hand side.
ParkingParking area in Ronchi di Ala or on the road to Maso Michei.
32T 661531 5066193
EquipmentHiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.