Hike to Rifugio Monte Baldo
Mountain tour • Rovereto, Vallagarina, Altopiano di Brentonico
Discover one of the most pristine corners of Trentino.
Rifugio Monte Baldo, far from the main road communication routes, is located in the picturesque grassy hollow of Madonna della Neve, a particularly quiet and charming place.
For more experienced hikers, we suggest the beautiful “Ferrata Gerardo Sega”, an EEA difficulty level route, which is short but quite challenging and exposed. It climbs the yellow cliff that dominates Val D’Aviana. If you like the idea, don’t hesitate to contact an Alpine Mountain Guide.
Updated: August 30, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips, hints and linksRifugio Monte Baldo
Getting thereFrom Avio, which is easy to reach with roads A22 or SS12, you take road SP208, in the direction of Altipiano di Brentonico, San Valentino. You follow this road until, on the left hand side, you see a small parking lot in Valle dei Molini (307 m), well marked with SAT trail signs.
ParkingFree parking in Valle dei Molini (307m); 5 parking spaces.
EquipmentHiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.