Hike to Rifugio Mario Fraccaroli
Mountain tour • Rovereto, Vallagarina, Altopiano di Brentonico
Discover the “real mountain” on the trail of the mule tracks and stations of the Great War.
Rifugio Mario Fraccaroli is located at 2238 m asl, almost at the Carega peak (2259 m). That is why is has one of the most expansive views in all Trentino.
From the mountain hut, don’t miss the opportunity to visit the nearby Carega peak.
Updated: September 02, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
This route is quite long, both in distance and in cumulative elevation gain. When you head out, make sure you have enough food and water.
Hiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
Ala, on the Trento-Verona route, is easy to reach with the A22 or SS12 roads. You continue in the direction of the centre of Ala, and follow the directions for Ronchi di Ala. Once you have reached Ronchi, you continue to climb up towards Maso Michei. You park in the spaces on the side of the road. Otherwise, in Ronchi di Ala, there is a parking area just above the town.
Parking areas in Ronchi di Ala or on the road to Maso Michei.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.