Hike to Rifugio Col Rodella
Mountain tour • Val di Fassa
Climb up to where the Sassolungo and Sella mountains have no secrets.
Col Rodella is the panoramic “balcony” of the Fassa Dolomites. Its privileged position overlooks the entire Val di Fassa, and allows you to take in all the main mountain groups in the area in one look.
On beautiful sunny days, from the mountain hut’s terrace, you can enjoy the spectacle of numerous colourful paragliders taking off from the grassy face of Col Rodella and searching for thermal currents on its sunny sides.
Updated: August 29, 2019
Safety informationThe central section of the trail may become slippery in wet conditions. Being south-facing, on this trail it is necessary to carry enough drinking water, especially on hot summer days.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereSS48 delle Dolomiti.
ParkingCanazei, Gries locality. Parking on the right hand side as you enter the town.
32T 712190 5150845
EquipmentHiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes, telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.