Hike to Rifugio Casinei
Mountain tour • Madonna di Campiglio, Pinzolo and Val Rendena
When the Brenta Dolomites become a “familiar” experience.
Taste the flavour of the Brenta Dolomites, lulled by the warmth and hospitality of Rifugio Casinei.
The mountain hut is a stop-over point along the “Cascate Alte” [High Waterfalls] ring route - a superb route that winds its way through the several wonderful waterfalls of Vallesinella. If you are attracted to this route, all you have to do is go for it.
Updated: September 04, 2019
Safety informationIn wet conditions, the path can become a bit slippery, especially on rocky parts or where there are lots of roots.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereMadonna di Campiglio via road SS239 della Val Rendena (coming from the Giudicarie and from Val di Sole). Entering the town from the south (below the tunnel), follow the signs on the right for Vallesinella. At the circle, turn right again towards Vallesinella - Loc. Palù. The road to the mountain hut is managed by the Parco Adamello-Brenta authorities, who manage access (open before 07:30).
ParkingAmple parking in Vallesinella. N.B.: the road and parking lot are managed by Parco Adamello Brenta.
32T 642846 5118660
EquipmentHiking boots/shoes. Raincoat. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.