Hike to Rifugio Carè Alto – Dante Ongari
Mountain tour • Madonna di Campiglio, Pinzolo and Val Rendena
The excitement of a high-altitude experience.
To reach Rifugio Carè Alto means to breath “authentic” mountain air.
Don’t forget to take a picture of the small and picturesque church located just a few steps from the mountain hut. It was built during the Great War by Russian prisoners. The architecture of the minute building, in fact, shows evident traces of an “oriental” style.
Updated: September 02, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
There are no places offering refreshment between the starting point and the mountain hut. Although water is to be found throughout the route (rivers, springs, etc.), don’t forget to set out with a suitable supply of food and beverages.
Hiking boots/shoes, raincoat, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
SS239 della Val Rendena. In Borzago, you turn, following directions for Val di Borzago (signs for Rifugio Carè Alto). You climb to the end of the road in Pian della Sega locality
Ample (free) parking in Pian della Sega (1250 m), at the top of Val di Borzago.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.