Trek to Lago Cece
Mountain tour • Val di Fiemme
Trek to Lake Cece trought fresh Alpine woods
The Lagorai range is famous for its wild and remote spots, a characteristic which makes it especially attractive. Lake Cece fits this description to a T, and the walk to the lake is quite scenic. From Lake Cece, it is possible to proceed along trail 336 to Lake Caserine di Cece, a typical alpine lake 200 m further uphill. This is a very family-friendly walk. It should however be noted that it allows access to pushchairs only up to Malga Campigolo Grande (due to the fact that only the stretch of road to the mountain dairy is maintained by a roadman).
Updated: September 09, 2019
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereSS48 (Val di Fiemme national road ) up to Predazzo. Follow the signs for the town centre; turn right just before the bridge across the Travignolo Torrent (sign for ‘Valmaggiore’) and carry on along the small, flat road. You soon reach a place where that road divides. Take the left fork uphill (signposted for ‘Valmaggiore’ and ‘Laghi Moregna’) to Ponte Valmaggiore and the nearby ‘malga’ of the same name. Various parking places in lay-bys.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.