Trek to Baffaure
Hiking trail • Val di Fassa
Through Val San Nicolò to Buffaure and Baita Cuz Huts
The route climbs from the Val San Nicolò, a beautiful side valley of the Val di Fassa, to the green pastures of Baffaure, a botanical garden created not by man, but by Nature. The scenery is magnificent and the views of the Catinaccio range, Valacia and, especially, Costabella are unique. The outlook over the Val San Nicolò down below is stunning.
Updated: September 09, 2019
Safety informationAlthough the path has not been catalogued by the SAT (Tridentine Alpinists’ Organisation), it is clearly signposted, obvious and well-beaten.
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereThe start of this walk is at the car park of Sauch (1737 m) in Val San Nicolò, a lovely side valley of the Val di Fassa . In order to get there, follow SS48 (Valli di Fiemme e Fassa national road ) up to Pozza di Fassa and then branch off onto the road for Val San Nicolò. Follow that road further into the valley past the restaurants-cum-refuges Soldanella and Crocefisso right up to the car park (parking fee payable).
32T 710968 5144901
EquipmentHiking boots, a change of clothes, a camera.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.