On the European path E5 with taste
Mountain tour • Altopiano di Pine' and Valle di Cembra
Food and wine itinerary for trained walkers, to discover the local excellences, the history and the natural masterpieces of the Cembra Valley.
Distance 11.7 km
Mixed route, which follows part of the European Path E5, between paved roads that lead to the discovery of the ancient villages and the ruins of the Castle of Segonzano, dirt roads between the terraced vineyards that descend to the Avisio stream and the path that passes through the famous Earthpyramids. All "seasoned" with some stops in the historic cellars and restaurants with km-0 products.
We advise you to check opening hours of the agriturismus and restaurants and to make a reservation. Among the points of interest we mention the Cantilaga bridge on the Avisio; in Piazzo di Segonzano the ruins of the Medieval Castle, the Immacolata Conzeione church and the Palazzo Baroni in Prato; the Earth Pyramids.
AuthorResponsabile A.p.T Piné Cembra YM
Update: March 15, 2021
Degree of difficulty according to the common symbolism: route E (on paved road, dirt road and path)
External risks present along the route: secondary roads busy by work vehicles mainly in spring and autumn, steepy downhill path to the geological site of the Pyramids of Segonzano
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips and hints
For further information and contacts: ApT Piné Cembra
Along the way are to be found the following producers and restaurants:
- Home Restaurant Locanda del Passatore, Faver
- Paolazzi Distillery, Faver
- Butcher shop Paolazzi, Faver
- Barone in Prato Cellar, Piazzo di Segonzano
- Distillery and restaurant Locanda Giacomozzi, Stedro di Segonzano
- Ristobar Chiosco alle piramidi, Segonzano
Nearby we mention:
- Pilzer Distillery, Faver
- Hotel alle Piramidi restaurant, Segonzano
ParkingIn the center of the village of Faver di Altavalle, it is possible to leave the car in the parking lot in the church square.
32T 672659 5116637
Even on relatively short easy outings make sure to take all you need so you don't run into trouble if things take an unexpected turn, for example a storm blows up or you have a sudden drop in energy levels.
What you should have in your rucksack:
- water canteen (1L)
- snacks (e.g. mixed dried fruit or chocolate)
- First aid kit
- windproof jacket
- change of t-shirt and socks (in a plastic bag)
- make sure to wear or at least bring a pair of long trousers
- sun screen
- whistle to attract attention in an emergency
- emergency telephone number Mountain Rescue 112
Make sure you're wearing the right footwear for the trail and season. The going can get rough and rocky underfoot and a pair of hiking boots will protect you from sprains.
And finally... don't forget to bring your camera! You'll need it to capture the stunning views.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view