Bohemia in Valle di Ledro
Exploring eight little corners of Bohemia along the shores of Lake Ledro, in the villages on the valley floor and among the woods of Val Concei.
During the First World War the inhabitants of Valle di Ledro, then part of the Habsburg Monarchy, were evacuated to the inner regions of the Empire, particularly to Bohemia and Moravia. The valley had turned into a battleground with the war entrance of the Kingdom of Italy in 1915. As the people of Valle di Ledro returned to their valley between 1918 and 1919, they found their homes and villages in ruins. In Bohemia they established lasting friendships that still endure today thanks to the partnership eight Czech municipalities (Příbram, Doksy, Milín, Všeň, Nový Knín, Buštěhrad, Chyňava and Ptice). To each village is dedicated a street, a square or a plaque in Valle di Ledro.